META Prize: The Winners
The META Prize is awarded by the META Technology Council to outstanding products or services supporting the European Multilingual Information Society.
- InterACT – For outstanding and innovative contributions to cross-lingual and multilingual communication technologies.
- BabelNet – for groundbreaking work in overcoming language barriers through a multilingual lexicalised semantic network and ontology making use of heterogeneous data sources. The resulting encyclopedic dictionary provides concepts and named entities lexicalised in many languages, enriched with semantic relations.
- The Rosetta Foundation – for their groundbreaking work enabling the global conversation in communities and social localization, making information available to individuals irrespective of their social status, linguistic or cultural background.
- JRC Optima Activity/Language Technology – was awarded for the excellent use of language technologies to reduce information overload and overcome language barriers.
1. META Prize
- Moses – The prize was awarded for exemplary and innovative contributions in statistical machine translation.
2. META Prize
- Jibbigo Mobile Translators, Jibbigo – was awarded for an outstanding voice translator that can translate speech on mobile devices.
- Voxalead, Exalead – was awarded for outstanding software to provide video scanning and transcription services.
- ELRA (European Language Resources Association) – The prize was awarded for exemplary long-term preparation and distribution of language resources and technology.
- LDC (Linguistic Data Consortium) – The prize was awarded for exemplary long-term preparation and distribution of language resources and technology.