Course on Treebank Annotation
This Training Course on Methods and Technologies for Consolidating and Harmonising Treebank Annotation (Prague, 2010) focused on two aspects: the resources and tools as well as the linguistic analysis underlying the annotation schemes of treebanks. It supported the exploration and comparison of dependency-based and constituency-based annotation schemes and provided participants with the necessary skills to utilize existing resources and tools for treebank annotation and to adapt them to the revised and harmonized annotation schemes.
The focus was on the comparability of existing annotation schemes for treebanks across a number of languages. It addressed both the analytic basis and the prospects for harmonizing annotations across different languages and across different linguistic frameworks.
- Paul Meurer, Victoria Rosén and Koenraad de Smedt: Tools for Automatically Analyzed Corpora (Slides 1, Slides 2)
- Sandra Kübler: Querying Treebanks (Slides)
- Barbora Hladká and Jiří Mírovský: Play the Language. An Alternative Way of Annotation (Slides)
- Prague Dependency Treebank Tutorial: Technology
- Prague Dependency Treebank Tutorial: Data
- Martha Palmer: From Propositions to Event Descriptions (Slides)